Monday, June 18, 2012

Mad Hair Monday Model: Barbie of Chichappenz!









Tell us a little bit about yourself. What do you do and why did you start blogging?


My name is Barbie and yes that is my given name. I work at a law firm as an administrative assistant. I started blogging in part because I have always been into fashion and wanted an outlet to express my sense of style and my love of fashion. The other reason I started a blog was because I went natural. I did the big chop (well in my case it was more like the big shave) and I wanted to chronicle my natural hair journey. I wanted to start a blog which could serve as an inspiration and a resource for women like me who are still in the early stages of their natural hair journey.



How long have you been natural? If all of your life, what kept you from relaxing your hair?


I have been natural since May of 2011. However, because I wore a low fade for the first six months of my journey it’s almost as if I have only been on my journey for a few months. Currently I am rocking a three inch teenie weenie afro (twa) affectionately named Lola.

Do you have a hair care regimen? If so, what is it and what products do you use? 


As my hair is growing I am constantly tweaking my hair regimen. Presently, I wash and coil my hair twice a week usually on Sunday and Thursday. I co-wash my hair with As I Am coconut co-wash cleanser. I use Ouidad’s moisture lock conditioner as my leave-in and then use Ampro Olive Oil gel to do my coils. If I feel my hair needs to be washed with a shampoo I will use Herbal Essence’s Hello Hydration and then deep condition with Curl Junkie Deep Fix or Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Masque. I am a complete product junkie so I am always trying new products but as of right now these are my favorite products.

What is your favorite low maintenance natural hair style?


Coils and coil-outs are my favorite low maintenance/high maintenance natural hair style. They are high maintenance because it takes me about two hours to do them. However, they are low maintenance because they last at least three or more days so it’s not as if I have to do them often. After I coil I just let it air dry. At night I use a silk or satin scarf and in the morning I spritz with a little water and separate the coils.

What makes you love your hair?


My natural hair has given me a deeper sense confidence in myself. She is a source of inspiration because had I not gone natural I wouldn’t have started my natural hair and style blog. She is kinky, coily, she is coarse fine, she is rebellious and she is beautiful. And she makes me feel beautiful.

Blog address: Chichappenz.wordpress.com

Twitter address:@Chichappenz
Youtube page: iambarbiedee
Instagram id: Chichappenz

Follow us on Instagram @terrinique

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs