Saturday, September 13, 2014
Thursday, September 4, 2014
NYC Naturals!!!! We have something oh so special for you!
This year it will be hosted in New York City!
Come mix and mingle, win Kurleebelle products, H&M gift cards, enjoy drink specials and a ton of giveaways!!!! It’s going to be AMAZING!!!!
September 12th | 4PM - 7PM | Harlem L Lounge
RSVP to info(at)kurleebelle.com.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Photo Credit: www.justgrowalready.com
Want to “Go Natural” but don’t know which products to use?
Kurlee Belle’s line is designed to take you from “Relaxed” to “Natural” too! When you are growing out your natural hair, it can be quite a task as your kinky curly strands start standing out from your straight ends. Terrinique Pennerman, Kurlee Belle’s CEO, suggests that every new natural adopt a natural hair care regimen, she says, “Caring for natural hair is more involved than caring for relaxed hair. Natural hair, which can be naturally dry needs extra TLC. Many women who have relaxed hair, leave it’s care to salon stylists. With natural hair, it is important that you find a trusted natural hair stylist but it is equally important that you understand how to take care of your hair yourself. A good “Transitioning Hair Care Regimen” includes using a moisturizing shampoo, leave-in conditioner, deep treatment and oil.”
1. Kurlee Belle’s Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo will gently cleanse your now “two textures” and give the hair the moisture it craves. This will reduce the breakage between your natural and relaxed hair. When you are starting your natural hair journey, you want to use a shampoo that is sulfate free and Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo is just that.
2. Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner is the perfect product for "Transitioner's” because it allows easy detangling, lots of moisture and slip. This leave-in stays in the hair to condition the new growth making it more manageable, healthier and shiner.
3. To prevent your hair from breaking, use Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment. This deep treatment will strengthen your newly natural hair growth and prevent your relaxed hair from breaking off. Many naturals who transition without using a deep treatment find that their relaxed ends start to break. Deep treating the hair allows you to maintain healthy relaxed and natural hair.
4. Kurlee Belle's Kurlee Tropical Oils Blend is a blend of essential oils like Castor, Avocado, Argan, Moringa and Jojoba. It can be used as a Pree poo, Hot Oil Treatment or Daily Shine Enhancer. It is great for sealing in moisture and your new growth will thank you.
Don't wait until you are fully natural to start taking care of your natural hair growth. Start now.
The GOOD NEWS: It will all be worth it in the end and after you are fully natural, Kurlee Belle offers stylers like Kurl Defining Creme & Jelle Coconut Styling Gel to help you achieve the perfect twist out, wash n go, curly set or whatever style you desire.
Make your appointment at the Nak’d Body Bar (Nassau, Bahamas) for a “Natural Hair Consultation” or “From Relaxed to Natural Consultation”. Call (242) 677- 7778.
Monday, July 28, 2014
Hey Bahamas Naturals! Join the Kurlee Belle Team on August 1st & 2nd at Da Balcony ( Pompey Square, Bay Street) from 2 PM to 8 PM (August 1st) and 12 PM to 4 PM (August 2nd) for Champagne, Cupcakes and Curl Talk.
Admission is FREE!
RSVP to email@example.com (Subject: Champagne & Curls)
Remember to take lots of Selfies & Usies with the Official Hashtag: KBChampagneCurls
Receive Prizes & Giveaways with the purchase of Kurlee Belle Natural Hair Care Products!
Kurlee Belle Natural Hair Care Products
I Love Kurlee Belle Beach Tote Bags
Natural Hair Consultations at Nak'd Body Bar
Be Featured on KB Instagram
See you there! Bring Your Friends!
Thursday, July 17, 2014
We are extremely humbled to be featured on Ebony Magazine as 1 of the "4 Black Natural Hair Product Makers You Should Know."
To read the full article, click here.
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
In this cute jingle by Sesame Street writer, Joey Mazzarino, a very enthusiastic character sings about how she loves her natural hair. From Afros to Conrows the character praises natural hair's versatility. Joey Mazzarino wrote the song to encourage his Ethiopian daughter to embrace her natural hair. The song is light and cheery. Perfect for encouraging little girls everywhere to embrace their natural hair texture.
Watch Video Below
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
1. Start on detangled hair (The hair in the picture below was previously in a twist out. The hair was sectioned and lightly sprayed with water and conditioned using Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner to soften the texture.) This leave-in conditioner makes the hair soft and allows it to be easily smoothed with a boar bristle brush.
2. Use a rattail comb to fashion a precise part on one side. The model in this photo opted for a textured bang so hair was left out in the front. A clean separation in the part makes for a sleeker and more striking look. We used Jelle Coconut Styling Gel to smooth the hair and edges for a seamless beautiful braid.
3. Once each braid has made it to the nape, secure the ends with bobby pins. A sharp part makes this look neat and stunning. Use hair pins that match your hair color.
The Goddess Braid is a perfect protective style for Summer.
It is very low maintenance: to fresh up the look, spray lightly with water and apply a light weight gel that will not flake or crunch like Jelle Coconut Styling Gel. The hair must be tied down at night with a satin or silk scarf to prevent frizz.
Follow: @terrinique on Instagram
Will You Try The Goddess Braid For Summer?