Black hair superstitions from the book "Hair Story, Untangling The Roots of Black Hair In America" by Ayana D. Byrd & Lori L....
2. Never comb, brush, or cut your hair outside because if a bird comes and collects a stray lock for its nest you will:
a. Feel it pecking at your head
b. Get headaches
c. Lose your mind
d. Suffer the same fate as the bird's babies
3. Always wear your hair covered when menstruating
4. If you allow more than one person to work on your hair at a time:
a. Your hair will fall out
b. The youngest worker/helper will die
5. Don't let a pregnant woman do your hair or you'll become pregnant too
6. After someone finishes working on your hair, it's bad luck to say thank you. Instead say "More hair."
7. Never cut a boy child's hair before age one or:
a. It won't grow
b. It will be kinky and nappy
c. It will make the child weak
8. After you cut your hair, if you place a lock in the Bible it will grow back faster
9. It's bad luck for a woman to cut a man's hair, especially if she's menstruating
10. If you want your hair to grow back, only cut it when there is a full moon
11. If you get gray hair when you're young, it means you were a good baby
12. If you get gray hair when you're young, it means you will have a lot of money when you are old
Any you want to add to the list?