Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Skin Tone & Hair Color

I've been contemplating for awhile whether to color my hair or not. Struggling with the fact that natural hair is dryer than straight hair and hair color can be very drying. With this in mind, I know that getting a color would mean increased maintenance. With all of these thoughts running through my head, I didn't figure out which colors would compliment my skin tone, so I decided to do some research or "google it".

A new hair color if done right is like an instant makeover. Changing your look from Plain Jane to Sasha Fierce. But I had to keep in mind that , the same rules that apply to Rihanna, who is a red head one day and a blonde the next does not apply to me. Depending on what line of work you're in, certain colors should be avoided. Like purples, pinks, blues if you must rock a conservative 'do'.....When deciding on a color the first thing to consider is whether your undertone is warm or cool.



People with warm skin have yellow or gold undertones and look better in gold jewelry. Cool skin has pinkish or blue undertones and look fabulous in silver jewelry.

Warm Skin Tone Hair Color Matches: Gold, Honey, Caramel, Copper, Red, Mahogany, Strawberry blonde, Chocolate, Ginger, Orange based reds, Dark browns, Rust....

Cool Skin Tone Hair Color Matches: Platinum, Ash-blonde, Cream, Sandy, Coffee, Jet Black, Fawn, Mid-level blondes, Flat browns, Wine, Mahogany, Burgundy....

This are really great facts to know because whether a color is permanent or temporary you're going to have to rock it for awhile until it grows out.

What's your skin undertone and what colors look best on you? Feel free to share.
Credit to: thehairstyler.com

2 comments:

  1. Color can def make a world of change! Im a Warm, so whenever I dye I either like to have my hair color emphsize my skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment CurryCurls. I have warm undertones as well. I haven't had color in a while because the last time I did I had severe breakage. Now that I am natural and know how to properly take care of my hair I think I will get color...thinking of chocolate or bronze.

      Delete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs