Usually, high maintenance women get a bad reputation. We have been called stuck up, uptight, crazy, opinionated and most men are intimidated by us. Why is that? It is mainly because we know what we want and will not stop until we get it.
My girlfriend and I was having a discussion about "High Maintenance vs. Down To Earth Women". Her theory was that, one could not be down to earth and high maintenance. My rebuttal was that they are not one in the same. I consider myself to be very high maintenance and down to earth. We went through the below exercise and turns out you can be high maintenance and down to earth:
You know the old saying, 'Birds of a feather flock together."? This is true of high maintenance women.
Do the majority of your friends care about their appearance? Do you have special days set aside when you get manicures, pedicures or hit the salon? When Drake came out with "Fancy" was that your national anthem? Nails done, hair done, everything did?
If you have answered yes to one or all of the above questions then you my dear are high maintenance!
- High maintenance women love to look good. They take pride in what they wear and it's not just to be noticed. It is because they genuinely want to look good for themselves. Many women like to dress nice to attract men and when they get a man, they let themselves go. A high maintenance women dresses up for herself. Just because she has a man does not mean that taking care of herself goes out the window. She looks and dresses nice because it is apart of who she is. It is ingrained in her DNA.
- She is not afraid to express her true feelings or tell it like it is. If something is bothering her, she lets you know. High maintenance women tend to have a high self esteem and look for perfection. If there is a problem, she will either try to fix it or scream it from the hills.
- All of her girlfriends have very similar attributes. They are either smart, sexy or dress to kill. When you get them all together, they are a force to be reckoned with. Think the ladies from Girlfriends or Sex and The City.
- As in her appearance, she is very serious about her goals and career. She does not drop everything she is doing for a man or anyone. She understands her true worth and any guy that wants or deserves her will understand the same or can wait!
- Her standards are high, when it comes to relationships and friendships. She knows what she wants in a man and never settles for the first guy that says "I love you" or "Hello". With a truly high maintenance women, the guy has to work to gain her love and trust...and he is never 100% sure because she runs a tight ship. Friends are high on the priority list and loyalty is the main criteria. She has no time for nonsense or drama since she is mostly focus on achieving her goals. The first sign of "You said and I said" or arguments...you can expect her to call you less or be missing in action.
- She may seem aloof, cold or made of stone but this is not her intention. She is really down to earth and friendly (once you get to know her). She does not give affection and praise to just anyone. When she gives a compliment, you know it's genuine! She is the friend that you can always run to when you want her honest opinion.
Of course, not all high maintenance women meet the above criteria to a T (tee)...but they come close.
Here are some shows of high maintenance women that I love!
So tell me....Are you high maintenance?