Friday, August 31, 2012

Natural Hair How Versatile

Words that describe natural hair: kinky, curly, coarse, nappy, liberating, frizzy, shrinkage, springy, cute, and versatile. 

During the summer, I decided to give my hair a break by only styling it once a week (Read: Terri's Summer Hair Care Regimen). With the summer heat and humidity my natural hair styles would almost always disappear once I stepped outside. Now that summer is coming to an end, I've been experimenting with different styles. Fall air is cool with less humidity and agrees with my texture when it comes to retaining styles and avoiding frizz.


Bantu Knots

How I achieved this style:
Shampoo with Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo
Conditioned with Thirsty Kurls Leave-In Conditioner
Applied Kurlee Tropical Oils Blend

Creating style:
Separate hair into medium sized sections with butterfly clips.
Apply Kurl Definig Creme.
Two strand twist section.
Wrap twists in a circular motion to create. Repeat.
Sit under hooded dryer for 2 hours. Let her air dry overnight. 

*In the below photo I have a on a black non slip elastic headband to provide shape to my hair.  


Twist Out

After wearing twist for 6 days, I separated the twists and applied a silk scarf around the edge of my hair line. 
Tied the scarf in three knots behind my ear on the left side. 



Twist Out Up-do 

What I did differently in the below photo is I separated the twists in the front and left the twists in the back (not separated) and pinned up the back. 




Follow Me on IG: terrinique
Follow Kurlee Belle on IG: Kurleebelle

Are you changing up your look for the Fall? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs