Wednesday, August 3, 2011

YouTube's Top 5 Natural Hair Care Vloggers

In the past few years there has been a natural hair revolution in the black community.  I find myself looking around at the gym, church, the mall and in airports for women with natural hair. To my surprise, I have been noticing that there are more naturals than relaxed girls....which made me coin the phrase "Perms are so 1992." This is not to disrespect women with relaxers, I am just acknowledging the trend among women of color who have decided to embrace their natural beauty. 

It appears that the media is catching on to this trend with recent articles on CNN and the New York Times highlighting African American women and their natural hair. Also a rendition of a Sesame Street puppet singing I Love My Hair and Forever 21's "I love my hair" Tee (Currently out of stock-pictured to the left) further solidifies that the world is taking notice of our big and bold kinks and curls. 

Today's article in the Huffington Post features 5 natural hair vloggers we have all grown to love. Check out the link: Youtube's Top 5 Natural Hair Care Vloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs