Thursday, March 31, 2011

The easy way to wash and detangle curly hair

Sometimes washing curly hair can be a real task. When I had relaxed hair, I never washed my hair myself. I would go to my stylist and let her deal with it. Since I have been natural, I have saved a ton about $2,080 per year. Unfortunately, those wallet savings transferred to time. Natural hair can take a lot of time to wash, detangle and style but my hair hasn't been healthier or looked better. Here are simple steps that should save time during the washing and detangling process.

1. Before washing separate the dry hair into 4 sections. 2 on each side in the front, 2 in the back. (If your hair is hard from products spray lightly with water and detangle with fingers.)

2. Braid each section or use butterfly clips to separate.

3. In the shower, tilt head upwards and let the water run through the hair.

4. Shampoo each section separately by loosing the braid. Rinse and re-braid.

5. Apply a leave-in conditioner to each section and detangle with fingers or detangling brush. Re-braid loosely or apply butterfly clip.

6. Style as usual by section.

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs