Ever wonder why your hair isn't growing long and strong? Why you have so many split ends? It maybe because your hair isn't getting enough moisture. Dry, brittle hair breaks and splits easier and the lasting result is hair that won't grow. In order to keep those tresses growing long and healthy it is essential to keep them moisturized from root to tip.
1. Nature's No. 1 moisturizer is water so drink up ladies.
2. Use a cream based shampoo. Shampoos lay the foundation for your hair and if it's dry and brittle you need as much moisture as possible. Cream based shampoos are white, yellow or cream colored. Avoid sulfates in your shampoo because it strips the hair of essential oils~ it is basically like washing your hair with detergent or dishwashing liquid.
3. Avoid moisturizing products made with petroleum or mineral oil. These ingredients are topical agents which means that they are not absorbed by the hair.
4. Conditioners and Deep Treatments should be high in humectants. Humectants are substances that promote moisture retention. They are found naturally in honey, vegetable oils, vitamin E and elastin. Rinse with cold water to lock in moisture.
5. Cover your hair at night with a satin or silk scarf/bonnet to prevent damage while sleeping.