1. Start with Dry, Old Hair like @Terrinique
2. Thoroughly wet hair and apply a quarter size of Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo. This Shampoo is Sulfate-free yet lathers really well. It will clean the hair while leaving it feeling soft, detangled and moisturized. Smells like a tropical rainforest. A little goes a long way.
3. Rinse out shampoo and apply Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment from root to tip. This deep treatment promotes growth, strengthens, nourishes and defines the strands. A little goes a long way. Smells like Banana Nut Muffins. Look at how defined the curls are. You will not want to rinse this baby out.
4. Apply plastic cap and sit under hooded dryer for 20 minutes. The longer you leave the deep treatment on, the softer your hair will be. If you do not have a hooded dryer, wrap a towel around your plastic cap and leave on for 20 minutes. Your body heat can act as a dryer. :)
5. Section hair into 4 to detangle. Apply Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner from root to tip. This leave-in conditioner provides a lot of slip, moisture and detangles on contact. It will melt into the hair to make it more manageable. I used a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair after applying the leave-in conditioner. The leave-in conditioner is super light and won't weigh the hair down. Has a light hibiscus scent. Made from Hibiscus, Honey & Aloe Vera. Can be used as a daily moisturizer.
6. On freshly detangled hair, twist with Kurl Defining Creme. Kurl Defining Creme is my absolute favorite product. It has a creamy whipped consistency and melts in the hair to form smooth, defined, bouncy curls. Made from Cupuacu, Argan oil and Shea Butter. It is my secret weapon for good hair days. It is also a daily moisturizer.
7. Apply flex-rods to each twist, ensuring that the ends of the twists are perfectly wrapped around the rod, for a smooth curl. This step is optional. I like using flexi-rods on my twists because they elongate the hair and give big fluffy curls. Let hair air dry or sit under a hooded dryer. I prefer air drying because it is healthier than using heat. Time to dry: 8 hours or overnight.
8. Take out flexi-rods and separate twists with Kurlee Tropical Oils Blend to prevent frizz and added Shine.
This style usually lasts about 4 to 5 days. I sleep on a silk pillowcase at night to prevent frizz.
For styling questions, leave a comment below or follow me on Instagram (@terrinique).
Purchase all Kurlee Belle products at www.kurleebelle.com.
For locations in your area, check out "Find A Store Near You" on our website.
The No List:
No parabens. No sulfates. No Animal Ingredients. No Gluten. No Paraffin. No Phthalates. No Mineral Oil. No PABA. No DEA. No Synthetic Color. No Propylene Glycol. No Petroleum.