Pre Poo Conditioning treatments are used to condition the hair prior to shampooing. A pre poo conditioning treatment moisturizes and protects the hair follicles during the shampoo and manipulating processes. You should pre poo using an oil treatment if your hair is dry. Pre poo oil treatments are a great option for those who suffer from dry scalp. For dry scalp, the oil should be massaged into the scalp to soothe and repair while loosening the flake build up.
1. Section Dry Hair Into 4 Sections.
2. Squeeze a quarter size of Kurlee Tropical Oils Blend to palm.
3. Apply to scalp and massage through hair from root to tip.
4. Cover with plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 15 minutes.
The heat from the dryer allows the hair shaft to open up and the oil treatment to enter penetrating the cuticle.
5. Then rinse with Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo to cleanse the hair without stripping of its natural oils while moisturizing and detangling. The Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo will further soften the hair to make it more manageable. After shampooing, you can apply a leave in conditioner like Thirsty Kurls Leave-in Conditioner which is made from Hibiscus, Honey & Aloe Vera to detangle and add moisture. Depending on the look you are going for you can style with Kurl Defining Creme or Jelle Coconut Styling Gel.
We wanted a simple twist style so we used Kurl Defining Creme to achieve these twists. Notice how the hair is frizz free and moisturized with no product build up.
Tell Us How You Pre Poo.