Thursday, January 17, 2013

Girl On Fire: Kerry Washington



OMG! Did you see Django? "It's Django. The D is silent."- Jamie Foxx

I am a little late with this Django post, but I am sorry. I have been really busy working on the launch of Kurlee Belle Products. For those of you, who haven't seen the movie, I will not ruin it or share any secrets, but I thought it was pretty great. All of the actors performed excellently! They really brought it! Jamie Foxx was his serious/hilarious self as always, Samuel L.Jackson was obnoxious as usual, but it was Kerry Washington, who stole the show (IMO)---Quentin Tarantino's script did not disappoint. Although, Kerry's lines were minimal, she did well as a mostly silent character. 

I admired the authenticity of the slaves in this movie paying particular attention to the hair. Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson had thick afros and Kerry Washington long loose curls---and there was this one yard slave who told Django where the Brittle Brothers were that had a semi-blow out--her blow out was funny to me. 

Of course, I could not help but wonder ......" Is that Kerry Washington's natural texture?" In "Save the Last Dance" when I first fell in love with Kerry, she wore a curly TWA. Real texture or weave, natural looks great on Broomhilda---Kerry! 

This is definitely Kerry Washington's time to shine with the new hit TV show and movie. This Girl Is On Fire! 




What's Your Favorite Kerry Washington Movie? 
I am really loving her as Olivia Pope on Scandal. 




2 comments:

  1. I WILL SEE IT NEXT WEEK SO I AM HAPPY THAT YOU ARE NOT GIVEN ANY SECRETS. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything Kerry Washington is in, I enjoy a truly talented actress
    cb

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs